Sunday, October 9, 2005

October 6, 2005

October 6, 2005

Abbotsford, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 111

 

Today was cold and raining.

Wow ... the truck has been in perfect condition, nothing requiring repair, for 36 hours. Might be a new record ! ! !

Joanne's cousin Claire phoned this morning, and Joanne accepted an invitation to dinner tomorrow night. This morning prior to leaving the campground to run errands in Abbotsford, I had to put the emergency 10 litres of diesel into the truck. Yesterday I had run the fuel down so low there probably wasn't enough to get down the mountain and into town. While driving down into town, Lorri phoned. Joanne chatted with her as we drove, and while I filled the tank. First stop in town was a Husky station to fill with diesel. I think it was the most expensive fill ever, at $130. I phoned our investment broker in Ottawa to sell some investments to get the money to pay for next week's trailer flooring replacement. We drove across the street to a mall, where I went into Magicuts for a haircut and beard trim. Joanne did some grocery shopping. While in the Magicuts, I saw an ad in today's newspaper for ex-rental trucks for sale at Fraserway RV, a local RV rental business. We found our way across town to Fraserway RV, and I went in to see if they had any 1 ton diesel duallies for sale. I was surprised to discover that they are an RV sales and service business, as well as a rental business. I went to their large parts department first, looking for the water heater electrical switch. They did not have exactly what I needed in stock. Oh, well. Next I went to the sales department to inquire about their used trucks. They had a couple of 2004 and 2005 Ford 1 ton diesel duallies that were of some interest to me. Joanne and I browsed their showroom of RV's while we waited for a local auto wholesaler to come over and took a look at our truck. Fraserway does not want to take trade-ins on the vehicles they sell, but they arrange for a local wholesaler to buy customers' trade-in vehicles. While the wholesaler took our truck for an appraisal, we went to sit in a 2005 Ford F-350 and see what we thought of it. To my surprise, we didn't much like it. I expected a newer truck's interior to be much more plush and comfortable then our current truck. This one wasn't. We finally got the price the wholesaler was willing to buy our truck for, and it was so ridiculous, I laughed, and we left. The whole exercise took much longer than it should have, and was an error in judgement on my part.

We got lost in Abbotsford trying to find our way back to the highway. By the time we found our way back to the highway, and then drove to the campground it was 4:00 P.M., and we hadn't had lunch yet. I wasted a half day of our time. It was too close to supper time to have lunch. We had a light snack. I read for awhile, then fell sleep briefly.

BRRRRR ! I just took Bo for a walk ( 10:15 P.M. ). Neither he nor I are impressed with B.C.'s cold, rainy fall season.

I printed and reconciled our September bank statement. Joanne phoned her cousin Claire to confirm our dinner visit tomorrow, and get directions. We had supper, then watched a bit of TV. I did today's accounting, and journal entry.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment