Friday, October 28, 2005

October 26, 2005

October 26, 2005

Nanaimo, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 131

 

Today was mostly sunny and mild.

This morning while I was showering, Joanne took a phone call from Suzy at Revenue Canada. Apparently she needed clarification of the message I left on her voice mail yesterday. Gee, Suzy ... what part of "Misty Ventures & Developments has no employees in 2005" did you not understand ? ! ? I did preventive maintenance, then headed off to Home Depot. I returned a 3 foot section of stair nosing that I did not require, then bought a package of little brass metal screws. I returned to RV Resort On The Lake and resumed working on the installation of the gold coloured stair nosing / metal trim under the front edge of the living room / dinette slide. The problem, for me, with a job like this, is by the time I had finished ascending the learning curve, the job was half botched. I had some difficulty selecting the right size drill bit to drill pilot holes for the screws, and the metal backing plate of the slide edge that I was drilling and driving the screws into was harder metal than the little brass screws. By the time I got it all figured out, I had broken 7 of the screws. And ... I had bought a package of 24 screws, and needed 24 screws. Now I was going to be 7 screws short < sigh >. I got as far as I could with 17 screws.

We had lunch, then went outside to wash the trailer. While washing the trailer, I had a brain storm. The same kind of metal stair nosing that I used as finishing trim on the front edge of the slide would work well to solve another ongoing problem that I have on the trailer. The inside walls of the storage compartments in the trailer "basement" are wood panelling. When putting things in, or pulling things out of the storage compartments, the wood panelling often "catches" and chips, as objects are slid in or out over the cut edge of the panelling. I'm going to install metal stair nosing over the lower edges of the storage compartments. That will solve the chipping of the edges of the panelling. I headed off to Home Depot for the second time today. I bought all the hardware I needed, and drove back "home". Back at the trailer, I finally finished installing the metal trim on the bottom front edge of the slide. It looks great, and really finishes off the flooring job.

I took the laptop over to the clubhouse and got online with Wi-Fi. I sent and retrieved e-mail, updated my blog, downloaded the latest updates to our investment portfolios, and renewed our membership in the Good Sam RV Club. And ... gave some attention to both Emma, the resident, fat, old, part Siamese cat, and another feline that is often around, both inside the clubhouse and outside around the park. It's a little twelve toed tabby kitten with a very sociable personality, that I've been calling Baby Cat.

I returned to the trailer, for a great pizza Joanne prepared. My half was covered in mushrooms and shrimp. MMMMM ! ! ! After supper, I took Bo for a walk, then we had a tennis ball play session ... in the trailer. Bad Dan ! I did today's accounting, then began to work on today's journal entry. We watched The Apprentice : Martha Stewart, then an episode of "24". We spent an entire summer at West Hawk Lake with only CBC. It's a bit of a treat to have 2 weeks of cable TV while we're here. We're gorging on bad TV every evening.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment