Monday, October 31, 2005

October 28, 2005

October 28, 2005

Nanaimo, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 133

 

Today was a miserable, cold day of heavy rain. Icy cold, large droplets of rain.

We spent most of the day huddled inside the trailer, hiding from the rain and the cold. This morning I rushed outside, did today's preventive maintenance on the truck, then retreated back inside the trailer. We retracted the slides, so that I could check something out with the slides in the retracted / travel position. I spent the rest of the morning reading a book.

We had lunch. I continued reading my book until I fell asleep for a nap. When I awoke, I continued reading until late in the afternoon. We had to do some grocery shopping, and I needed to go to Home Depot ( yes, again ) so off we went, about 5:00 P.M.. I got what I needed at Home Depot, then we bought some groceries at Save-On Foods. We bought Remembrance Day Poppies at a Canadian Legion table in Home Depot. I'm glad we were able to get Poppies before we went down to the States. We discovered when we were working at YMCA Of The Ozarks in Missouri by this time last year, that they don't sell Remembrance Day Poppies in the U.S.. The observance of Remembrance Day in the United States is very different than it is here in Canada. By the time we were returning to RV Resort On The Lake at 6:30 P.M. it was dark. Driving in the dark, in the rain, is difficult enough, but tonight there was also fog to contend with. Once back at the trailer, we put away the groceries, and fed the animals. While Joanne prepared supper, I went to the clubhouse to get online, send and retrieve e-mail, update my blog, and do a Google search on a book title that Joanne wanted to know the author's name.

We had supper. I did today's accounting and journal entry. Joanne baked cookies. Teddy napped. Bo napped. I don't know about Joanne and Teddy, but Bo and I are stinking bored !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment