Sunday, October 23, 2005

October 21, 2005

October 21, 2005

Nanaimo, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 126

 

Today was mostly cloudy, and warm.

We slept late again this morning. We are enjoying the comfort of the new mattress, and since we aren't travelling for a couple of weeks, we are sleeping late most mornings lately. After showering, breakfast, and morning chores, I made some phone calls. I phoned our friend who lives up island in Union Bay, Pamela Ramsay, to arrange a visit while we're on the island. Pam wasn't home so I left a message. I phoned a local branch of the Bank Of Montreal to order U.S. traveller's cheques. It was impossible to get a live human being on the phone. Their phone system only allows for leaving a message. HMPH ! Someone at the bank returned my call this afternoon, and I ordered the traveller's cheques. I did today's regular preventive maintenance, then drained the kitchen grey water tank and the black water tank. When we're in one place for awhile, and hooked up to a sewer connection, like here, I leave the bathroom grey water tank valve open, so the shower and bathroom vanity drain as we're using them.

We spent the rest of the morning taking a long walk along the shoreline path that circles Westwood Lake. Except for the land that this RV park is located on, the area that encircles Westwood Lake is a lovely municipal park. It was a pleasant morning to walk along the shore line through the park. Bo loves to walk / hike through the woods. We ended our walk with a short obedience training session. Bo didn't too very well today. After a long romp through the woods, he was too excited to focus on obedience training.

We had lunch. I read for awhile, then took a nap. Sure do love that new mattress ! I spent the afternoon working on securing the sofa, and the dinette table, to stop them from moving around on the new flooring while we travel. First, I installed a couple of "L" brackets inside the frame of the sofa, then screwed them down to the floor. Next I installed heavy duty Velcro underneath the dinette table legs, and on the floor, to keep the dinette table in place. Those 2 jobs took up much of the afternoon. Now that the thickness of the carpet is gone, I need to wedge under the front edge of the living room / dinette slide when it's in the retracted / travel position. At Home Depot the other day I bought a small piece of lumber, and had it cut into 4 short pieces, to use as wedges. Today I filed down all the rough edges of the wood. We took from MRO RV Services the excess flooring material left over from our flooring job. Today I cut a large square piece to keep as repair material, just in case. We emptied out most of the pass through storage area underneath the trailer, stored the piece of flooring material, and a section of left over stair nosing, then replaced everything into the "basement" pass through storage compartment

Most large RV parks, like this one, have a library, with an informal book exchange. I packed up into a small Rubbermaid tote all the books I read this summer, and took them down to the club house to exchange. I left quite a few more books than I took. I dug out the printer from its storage area, and printed the MasterCard and bank statements I downloaded yesterday. I put the printer back into storage, then remembered that I also needed to print copies of the arrival and departure checklists that I revised yesterday < sigh >. I dug out the printer again, printed the checklists, and replaced the printer again.

We had supper, then spent the evening watching TV. Oh, boy ... another episode of Survivorman on the Outdoor Life Network.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment