Friday, October 28, 2005

October 27, 2005

October 27, 2005

Nanaimo, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 132

 

Today was mostly cloudy and cool. It rained lightly all evening.

This morning after regular morning routines, I went outside, did regular preventive maintenance, then did some maintenance on the trailer's lower fibreglass skirt. Washing the trailer helps us to see things that need some minor maintenance before they become a problem. I went to the clubhouse to get myself a cup of coffee, and drop off another book in their library. Last night I finally finished reading one of the worst mystery / suspense novels I have ever read. It was a really poorly written story, but I was too stubborn to give up reading it once I had started. How do authors who write so badly manage to convince publishers to publish crap ? ! ? I dug out the printer from the basement storage compartment and printed the documents I had queued up for printing over the last few days ; updated copies of my arrivals and departures checklists, updated investment data, etc.. Joanne went outside and worked on cleaning the lower portion of the trailer skirting with bug and tar remover. The lower fibreglass skirting of the trailer develops little dark spots that washing doesn't remove. I don't know if they're caused by acid rain, or road grime, or oxidation, or ... ? I worked on installing the metal stair nosing / moulding onto the lower inside sills of the basement storage compartment doors. < sigh > Once again, I couldn't use the screws that came with the moulding. I temporarily used the same gold coloured brass screws that I used yesterday on the moulding inside the trailer, but I'm too anal retentive to accept gold coloured brass screws in silver coloured aluminum moulding, even when it’s inside a storage compartment. I'll buy silver coloured metal screws at Home Depot tomorrow, and replace the gold coloured screws I installed with silver coloured ones. I began work on today's journal entry while Joanne prepared lunch. I often start my daily journal entry fairly early in the day, then add to it as the day progresses.

We had lunch, then drove downtown to pick up Joanne's repaired purse at the hippie / hillbilly shoe repair shop. The repair was done poorly. One would think that common sense would dictate that if you're going to repair a torn leather strap on a purse, you would also reinforce it. We both doubt that this repair will extend the life of the purse for very long. Once back at the trailer, I started reading a new book, until I fell asleep for a nap. When I got up, I worked on updating our investment tracking and analysis files. I'm quite concerned. The losses we've incurred in the last month are frightening. The market has been in "correction" mode for the last month or so. I certainly hope that a "turnaround" is soon. Joanne watched afternoon soaps on TV. The great thing about afternoon soap operas is that one can miss a year's worth of episodes, and be back "up to speed" on the story line after watching one episode. HA HA HA !

We took Bo for a short obedience training walk, followed by a fun walk down the trail beside the lakeshore. He sure does love going for walks down "hiking trails". He has a great sense of "point A" to "point B", even though he has no idea where "point B" is going to be. I did a backup of all the files on the computer, to CD. I cooked supper. I don't often cook supper, except for barbecuing. Tonight I made a bacon and cheese omelette for Joanne, and a mushroom, shrimp, and cheese omelette for me. After supper, Bo somehow fell down the stairs from the bathroom hallway into the living room. Now he's limping slightly. Poor Bo. We spent the evening watching Survivor, The Apprentice, and "24".

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment