Wednesday, October 26, 2005

October 25, 2005

October 25, 2005

Nanaimo, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 130

 

Today was cloudy and mild. It started raining steadily, late in the afternoon.

Lorri phoned this morning wanting to talk to her big sister, but Joanne was still sleeping. Later, when Joanne did get out of bed, she stepped on a little piece of cat shit beside the bed. Hey, Teddy ... how the hell did that happen ? ! ? Boy ... it's amazing how crabby some people can get just because they stepped on a piece of cat shit getting out of bed. HA HA HA HA HA !

After morning routines, I did preventive maintenance, then drained the black water and kitchen grey water holding tanks. I made a couple of phone calls. I called GM in the U.S. to confirm that they have mailed a cheque to me, c/o General Delivery, Chimacum, Washington. The p***k that I've been dealing with couldn't ( wouldn't ) confirm that the cheque has been sent. He could ( would ) only confirm that it had been approved on October 21, ergo it must have been sent within a day or two of that date. What a lazy, useless p***k ! At the end of the call, he asked if he could close out the file, and mark it as "totally satisfied" ? I don't think so, a*****e ! I returned a phone call to Revenue Canada. Sharon sent me an e-mail recently that Revenue Canada phoned asking if there is any change in the number of employees employed by Misty Ventures & Developments, our company. I guess they're wondering why they haven't received any payroll remittances from me in 2005. That's because we have zero employees. DUH ! We washed Dee-Dee the truck, and the front and rear of Harvey the trailer. Tomorrow we'll wash the sides of the trailer. We sat down to figure out our plan for taking the ferry from Victoria, B.C. to Port Angeles, Washington, next week. There are 2 ferries per day, morning and late afternoon. We had to figure out which one was the lesser of two evils, from a scheduling standpoint. We decided it would work out better to take the morning ferry. That would mean we would leave here Monday afternoon, and "boondock" overnight somewhere near the ferry terminal in Victoria, perhaps in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Otherwise, if we take the afternoon ferry, by the time it gets to Port Angeles and we clear Customs, we would end up trying to find our way in the dark to someplace to spend the night. Just as we were about to have lunch, Lorri phoned again to chat with Joanne.

We had lunch. I took a nap and Joanne went to do a load of laundry. When I got up, I went to the office to pay for our stay here. It was the fourth time since we've been here that I've gone to the office to pay. Each of the previous 3 times they had some reason why they wanted me to come back at another time. While I was paying, the office clerk disagreed with the boss over the rate I should be charged. Evidently the boss quoted me the wrong rate when we arrived a week ago. I just kept my mouth shut because it was obvious that the boss was going to prevail ... as it should be !

I did today’s accounting, including entering all of our new traveller’s cheque numbers into the computer. Last year, when we first bought U.S. traveller’s cheques, I had set up a traveller’s cheque accounting spreadsheet in the computer. We spent the balance of the afternoon working on the installation of the gold coloured metal stair nosing as finishing trim underneath the front edge of the living room / dinette slide. The job went reasonably well, although I didn't finish it. The screws that came with the stair nosing are wood screws, understandably. The front edge of the slide is aluminum. I will have to go back to Home Depot tomorrow and buy some metal screws. I hope I can get metal screws in a gold colour. Cutting and filing long pieces of moulding inside the trailer, without a work bench, was difficult. I was going to do the cutting and filing outdoors, on a folding work bench, but it was raining heavily.

Joanne prepared a great beef rib stew for supper. After supper we watched Amazing Race. Despite Joanne's protests, I gave Teddy and Bo each a large beef rib bone. Bo took his onto the rocker recliner to chew it. There's grease stains on the chair. I'm in a bit of trouble !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment