Tuesday, October 18, 2005

October 15, 2005

October 15, 2005

Vancouver to Beaver Lake / Lake Cowichan, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 120

 

Today was partially sunny and mild.

First thing this morning we prepared to leave the Atkinson / Lamb residence guest room. I went outside to do some preventive maintenance on the truck while Joanne packed up our stuff. She brought it upstairs from the guest room to the front door, and I loaded it into the truck. We said our goodbyes to Dwight and Jennifer and left their place at 10:00 A.M.. It was an enjoyable visit with them but we're glad to be out of there. We feel uncomfortable imposing on people as house guests. We drove to MRO RV Services to pick up the trailer. When we arrived, we inspected the new flooring job with Joe, the owner of MRO RV. The job was done well, and the new flooring looks great ! I paid the bill < choke ! >, hitched up, and we pulled out of MRO RV at 11:00 A.M.. We found our way through Burnaby to Hwy. 1, then west on Hwy. 1 to the ferry terminal at Horseshoe Bay. We arrived at the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal about noon, and there was room on the 12:30 ferry for us. After pulling on to the ferry, before going upstairs to the passenger decks, we went into the trailer and had a quick lunch. We sat upstairs on the passenger decks for awhile, and I started to get very sleepy from the motion and engine sound. I went down to the vehicle decks, and napped briefly in the trailer until the ferry arrived in Nanaimo at 2:00 P.M..

We headed south out of Nanaimo on Hwy. 1. Right beside the Nanaimo airport, south of the city, there was a large RV dealer, Arbutus RV. I pulled in, and went in to see if they had the water heater electrical switch that I needed. They did ! Finally ! I've been looking for that switch since before Chilliwack. I installed it in their parking lot, and we headed off again, still south on Hwy. 1. At Duncan we turned west on Hwy. 18, driving 26 km. to the town of Lake Cowichan. We stopped in Lake Cowichan to buy some groceries. The table and chairs are sliding and moving all over the trailer, now that they are sitting on vinyl flooring instead of carpeting. Even the sofa is moving around. After buying groceries, we drove another 2 km. to Beaver Lake Resort, an RV park with lots for sale. We requested and received an information package from them in June, so we had a pretty good idea what to expect.

We got set up in our assigned site. Joanne put away the groceries while I got the trailer set up, slides extended, everything connected, etc.. I took a short walk around the campground to check it out. The owner of this park was out when we arrived, so I had not yet paid our camping fee. I went to the office to pay our camping fee and have a brief discussion with the owner about the RV lots for sale. When I returned I began installing felt pads underneath the chair legs, so they won't scratch the new flooring. I set up the barbecue, and cooked supper. Pork chop for Joanne, smoked salmon for me. After supper I finished installing the little felt pads underneath the chair legs. I administered the monthly spot on flea treatments to Teddy and Bo, and gave Bo his monthly heartworm medication. I put away the barbecue and realized how tired I felt. I did today's accounting ( YIKES ! ) and journal entry. Time for bed !

OH, NO ! ! ! We discovered that Bo's toy, Tuggy, got left behind at the Atkinson / Lamb residence. Tuggy was in pretty rough shape, but still had some "life" left in it. Good thing we bought a new Tuggy the other day.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment