Saturday, October 15, 2005

October 13, 2005

October 13, 2005

Vancouver, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 118

 

HA ! I just received a cheque from the Province Of Ontario Ministry Of Transportation for $1.15 that they have owed me for 14 months. HA ! Try to stiff me, will ya ? I don't think so !

Today was cloudy and mild.

This morning when I returned from walking Bo, Jennifer had just finished cleaning up after Teddy had vomited. Sorry, Jennifer ! Don't you just love having house guests whose little creatures puke all over your house ? ! But Teddy wasn't finished yet. A short time later he jumped up onto a table and vomited all over Dwight's chequebook and banking papers < sigh >. Yesterday Teddy had been munching on one of Jennifer's plants in the living room. I guess we saw the results of that today !

I spent the morning and part of the afternoon working on the incoming batches of mail which were waiting for us here when we arrived. I opened and reviewed all the mail, we had lunch, then I prepared cheques and paid the bills which were in the mail. I had received some cheques which I wanted to deposit, and Jennifer told us where there was a Bank Of Montreal nearby. We decided to take Bo for a long walk, deposit the cheques at the bank, and check out a couple of local pizza restaurants for supper tomorrow. The bank was about 8 city blocks away. We walked to Kerrisdale’s “downtown” / commercial district. I went into the bank, deposited the cheques, and then while Joanne went to a Dollar Store, I took Bo into a pet supply store. I don't think Bo's ever been "shopping" before. The sales clerk gave him attention, and fed him a sample of buffalo jerky. WOO-HOO ! ! ! We rejoined Joanne, walked to the 2 pizza restaurants and picked up menus, and checked out a couple of upscale bakeries. I can't walk by a bakery without being drawn in by the smells. I bought 4 different pieces of exotic cakes for dessert tonight. We went into another pet supply store, looked at raincoats for Bo, and bought him a new "Tuggy" / retrieving dummy. We walked back to Dwight’s & Jennifer’s. Bo behaved very well on the walk, heeling close between us while walking on crowded city streets. Well done, Bo, good dog !

I reviewed the menus from the pizza restaurants, did today’s accounting on the computer, surfed the web, looking at the pizza restaurants’ web sites, then started today’s journal entry. Pizza restaurants with websites ! Hmph ... we must be in Kerrisdale ! Dwight and Jennifer were busy in the kitchen preparing a belated Thanksgiving turkey dinner.

Dwight and Jennifer treated us to a superb turkey dinner, with all the fixings. Thank you very much. Our contribution was the dessert. Joanne forgot the bottle of Okanagan cherry cider in the fridge. I doubt that it will be very good with pizza tomorrow night. After dinner, Dwight lit a fire in the fireplace and we all sat around the living room visiting until late in the evening.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment