Sunday, October 9, 2005

October 7, 2005

October 7, 2005

Abbotsford to Surrey / Vancouver & return, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 112

 

Today was cloudy and cool with intermittent rain.

We slept very late this morning, then lazed away the balance of the morning. No travel today, poor weather, a good excuse to blow off an entire morning. We had lunch, then went outside to do a few little maintenance jobs. I did regular preventive maintenance. I changed a burnt bulb in the exterior trailer door light. Joanne wanted to replace the amber lens on the exterior light with a clear lens, so I swapped the amber lens for a clear one from another light, beside the trailer trunk doors, underneath the front overhang. We'll try the clear lens on the exterior light beside the door and see if we prefer it to the amber lens. If so, I'll buy another clear lens and replace the amber lens I put on the trunk light. Otherwise, I'll just swap the lenses back again if we decide we don't like the clear lens on the exterior door light. I also replaced a burnt bulb on one of the trailer back up lights. The lens cover was difficult to remove due to dirt and corrosion. I removed the entire light assembly, disassembled it, cleaned it, and reinstalled it. Decided I might as well do the same to the other side while I was at it. Some jobs grow ! We took Bo for an obedience training walk. I began to work on today's journal entry before we had to prepare to leave, to go to Joanne's cousin Claire's for dinner. I also worked on backing up all my computer files. I had some problems, and did not get it finished before we had leave about 4:30 P.M..

We drove down Sumas Mountain to Abbotsford, then onto TCH 1 west towards Vancouver. It took us about an hour and half in heavy Friday afternoon traffic to get to Claire's in Surrey, a suburb of Vancouver. We had a very pleasant dinner and evening of visiting with Claire, her son Robert, her daughter Debra, Cub their Maltese Terrier, and Debra's boyfriend Brad. We talked about our travels. I introduced them to Zydeco music, Cajun music from Louisiana, a new music genre for them. Joanne and Claire reminisced about their childhood. We left about 11:00 P.M., taking about an hour and ten minutes to return to the trailer on Sumas Mountain above Abbotsford. We fed the animals, I walked the dog, worked some more on my unsuccessful backup of all computer files, did today's accounting, and finished today's journal.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment