Friday, June 17, 2005

June 13, 2005

June 13, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 27 of 113

DAY 361

 

Another grey, dreary day, with light, misty rain for most of the day.

This morning I felt too lethargic to do anything other than read a book and drink coffee. I'm starting to feel sun light deprived. I wandered down to the campground office and chatted with Carol for awhile. I walked Bo. We had lunch. I read some more, until I fell asleep again. I sleep. It rains. I read. It rains more. I sleep more. It rains more. I read more.

This afternoon I took Bo for another walk. He had his nose down to the ground sniffing, and didn't even notice a young buck deer walking by us about 50 feet away. I went to the office, plugged into the fax machine phone line, retrieved e-mail, and updated my blog. I did my regular daily preventive maintenance, which on Mondays is checking truck tire air pressures. DAMN ! The inside rear tire on the driver's side was flat. I changed the tire. I have had to remove and reinstall the rear dually tires so often, for one reason or another in the last year, I have come to really hate that job. After getting the spare and outside rear tires back on, I suspected a faulty valve extension was the problem. I drove over to Keystone Cottages and filled the flat tire with air. I'll know in the morning whether the valve extension was the problem or not. During the time I was working on changing the tire, I assisted 3 late arriving campers find a suitable site, and get set up.

We had supper. Yuck ! Not Joanne's finest. We watched a movie on CBC. I watched the news while Joanne went to shower. We have to leave fairly early in the morning for her appointment at Kenora Hospital.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment