Monday, June 13, 2005

June 9, 2005

June 9, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 23 of 113

DAY 357

 

Today was cloudy and cool again, but at least it wasn't raining this morning.

After showering and having breakfast this morning, Joanne went to Falcon Lake to buy groceries. Bo and I went for a walk around the campground. We visited with a couple towing a boat behind a fifth wheel. I chatted with the gentleman about the difficulties of backing up with two trailers behind the truck. Then we visited the divers here for the week doing training. The Winnipeg Police, the Regina Police, and the Military Search And Rescue from Winnipeg are all here this week for diver training exercises. West Hawk Lake is a meteor crater lake, and the deepest lake in Manitoba. It's very popular with divers.

After lunch, I read a book for a couple of hours until I fell asleep for awhile. After I got up we spent the rest of the afternoon working on cleaning and waxing another upper section of the trailer. The sky remained cloudy, but there was no rain and no wind. I decided to go fishing for an hour and a half before supper.

Sometimes our lives seem like something out of a Chevy Chase movie. I fished for an hour and a half, deciding to head back to the trailer when I caught my second perch. Plus, I ran out of worms. That's odd. I thought I had more worms than that. I was hooking the second perch onto my fish stringer when I fumbled it. It hit the dock, and flipped back into the lake. Geeeezzzzz ! ! That's getting to be a bad habit ! I headed back to West Hawk with my one lonely perch. When I got back to the trailer, Joanne had set up the barbecue, and I started barbecuing burgers for supper. I cooked the burgers and brought them inside. When Joanne opened the fridge to get condiments ... uh-oh ! Worms crawling around the bottom of the fridge ! She was not very impressed ! My styrofoam worm container, which I keep in the fridge, had a crack in it, and 4 worms escaped into the fridge, crawling around the lower part of the fridge, leaving worm residue trails. We cleaned that mess up, then sat down to eat dinner. HEY ! There's half a burger bun missing. They were on a plate on the counter. Apparently while we were cleaning the fridge, Teddy jumped up on the counter and pulled down half a burger bun. Once something hits the floor, Bo figures it's up for grabs. We found Bo in the bedroom, just finishing up the half burger bun.

After supper I filleted my perch, then guided a late arriving large trailer into the pull through sites in section A. They were a family from Fort St. John in northern B.C. returning home after visiting P.E.I.. They've been on vacation for a month and are rushing to get back home. They had driven 1000 km. / 600 mi. today.

I finished the day by doing my daily journal, today's accounting, and downloading some photos of deer in the campground.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment