Friday, June 24, 2005

June 23, 2005

June 23, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 37 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 6

 

Today was sunny and hot again. I still like it ! I did, however, use the air conditioner today. It is nice to have a cool, dry place to escape the humid heat outside.

It was a slow, lazy day. I slept late today. I spent the morning emptying the holding tanks, and reading. I had lunch, then continued reading a book until I fell asleep. After napping, I walked Bo, then we did a training session. I started on waxing a section of the trailer using a new wax Joanne bought in Winnipeg the other day. It was recommended to us by a neighbour here in the campground. I don't see that it's much better then the bug and tar remover / wax combination we had been using. But we ran out of that before the trailer was completely finished, so we're going to try this new wax on the last unwaxed section, and if it's better then the other stuff, we'll use it on the entire trailer. I waxed a small section, and it began to rain, so I quit. The sky darkened, and it began to thunder and lightning. A late afternoon thunderstorm on a hot, humid day. Teddy hid under the recliner. Of course, while it was thundering and lightning, and blowing and raining, the late arriving campers started to arrive. After I came back to the trailer after helping a late arrival, CBC radio was announcing a severe thunderstorm warning for the Kenora area, which would include here.

By 7:00 P.M. the thunderstorm seemed to be over. I wasn't hungry, so I fed the animals and went fishing to Star Lake. Of course, as soon as I started fishing, it began to rain heavily. It rained for about half an hour. Within another half hour the wind died down, and the sky cleared. I was glad I stayed. The lake was glassy calm. It was a pleasant evening to be on the lake. But the fish weren't biting. I caught one Walleye. When I got back to the trailer, I had a light supper, then watched the news. I washed dishes, did our daily campground host report, and worked on this journal entry. I'm debating whether or not I should go fillet my fish when I'm finished this.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment