Wednesday, June 8, 2005

June 5, 2005

June 5, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 19 of 113

DAY 353

 

Today was another miserable day of rain. Cloudy, cool, and constant rain. Bo refused to go outside last night because of the rain, so he woke me up at 6:00 A.M. this morning to be taken out. While I was walking him, campers were already leaving. I guess it was another pretty miserable night to be in a tent.

After walking Bo, I decided to stay up. I went to shower, then read the newspaper until mid-morning when I fell asleep again. We're all getting a little bored with reading and napping. There's not much else we feel like doing in this weather. I spent most of the afternoon working on the computer, reconciling my May bank statement, updating and analyzing investment files. I sure am grateful to my brother-in-law Bud for building me such a great desk in the trailer. I walked Bo, who was suffering cabin fever today. He's got too much energy and spirit to be content cooped up inside the trailer day after day. I did a campground walk around, meeting and greeting. There's only about a half dozen campers in today, and only one couple in a tent. They are remarkably dry, and well organized, with a fire burning. I chatted with them for awhile, complimenting them on being dry and achieving a camp fire. They were the only tenters this weekend who managed to achieve building a camp fire. The woman said she learned her camping and fire building skills as a brownie and girl guide, and those skills continue to serve her well. I know exactly what she means.

Joanne made my favourite spaghetti meal for supper. We watched TV all evening. How much of my tax dollars goes to CBC programming ? Can I get a refund ?

We're all bored ! We need some nicer weather.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment