Thursday, June 30, 2005

June 29, 2005

June 29, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 43 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 12

 

Today started out cloudy and cool. It started to rain heavily by early afternoon, and continued all day.

This morning I had my telephone meeting with Roger Gran-Ruaz, my investment broker in Ottawa. Joanne and I have spent the money we had kept aside, not invested, for our first year of travel. Now we will have to have a regular source of cash flow from our investments. Roger and I worked out details for a regular income stream for us for the next ten months. Next I phoned the manager of the Bank Of Montreal in Kenora to set up a meeting with her tomorrow, to have her fill out, stamp, and sign some forms to allow electronic funds transfers from our investment accounts to our bank accounts. I also wanted to discuss with her some errors on the first bank statement we received since we set up new accounts at her branch. She was already on top of the errors, and had them corrected. Joanne and I spent the balance of the morning draining the holding tanks.

By lunch time it was raining. We had lunch, I read, and napped. The rain persisted. I read more. We hardly ventured outside the trailer all day because of the heavy rain. I got a lot of reading done. Joanne did a lot of baking and cleaning. We watched a documentary on CBC about the alleged terrorist arrested 2 years ago in our Ottawa neighbourhood. I'm convinced ! Joanne went to shower, and I watched the news. I did today's accounting, and journal entry while she washed supper dishes.

Manitoba's weather is not much to our liking. Our six weeks in Manitoba last summer had poor weather. Our eight weeks or so in Manitoba so far this year have been poor weather. I'm doubtful that we will end buying a seasonal business or place to live in Manitoba any time in the foreseeable future.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment