Saturday, June 4, 2005

June 2, 2005

June 2, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 16 of 113

DAY 350

 

Today was clear and cold in the morning, warmer and heavy rain in the afternoon, and clear and cool in the evening.

I had trouble sleeping last night. I tossed and turned until 2:30 A.M. thinking about "the one that got away". At 3:45 A.M. I got up, and went fishing. I was on the dock at Star Lake fishing by 4:30 A.M.. I fished until 8:00 A.M. and caught one small walleye. It was smaller than the one I dropped off the dock last night, but it felt great to finally get one after all these years. I returned to West Hawk, filleted the fish, and went back to sleep until noon.

This afternoon I drove to the park gate to make a phone call where the cell phone signal is stronger. I phoned the TD Bank next door to our first PET VALU store in Ottawa and arranged to close Misty Venture's bank account there. Then I went to buy some fishing bait. I had used up the last of my worms this morning. I bought worms and minnows, to see if minnows get any better results. I found out tonight they apparently don't. Back at the campsite I fabricated a new dually mud flap using the rubber I bought in Winnipeg the other day, and salvaged parts from the original. The end result is pretty good. Joanne worked on cleaning and waxing another section of the trailer. We're almost finished the lower part of Harvey, and can soon start on the upper part, using Bud's ladder.

Joanne made pistolettes for supper, a Cajun recipe she got from Sharon. After supper, it had finished raining, and I was torn between working on a batch of incoming mail we picked up at Sharon's the other day, or going fishing. Fishing won out. I fished at Star Lake from 8:30 P.M. until 10:00 P.M. and caught a very nice, medium sized walleye. WOO-HOO ! ! ! Fresh pickerel for supper tomorrow. The mosquitoes were biting while I was fishing, so I applied some 20 year old Muskol that was in my fishing tackle box. EEEEUUUUWWWW ! I think Muskol has a life span of something less than 20 years. I returned to West Hawk, and filleted the fish in the picnic shelter behind our campsite. The picnic shelter has overhead lights. I thought it would be best to fillet the fish tonight, while it was fresh, rather than leaving it until morning.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment