Wednesday, August 18, 2004

August 17

August 16 & 17, 2004

DAYS 60 & 61

 

 

Monday ; Took the truck in to Dawson Servicentre first thing this morning for a safety inspection. Went to Village Insurance ( my daily visit ! ) to discuss the insurance and retail sales tax implications of me buying the truck from my own company, or leasing it from my own company, etc.. Nice enough people at Village Insurance but they're not really up to speed on these sorts of issues. I left them with some research to do, and they were to call me when it was done. That never happened.

Went shopping with Joanne after lunch. Sheesh ! Wal-Mart. Dollar Store. Value Village. Toys 'R Us. Canadian Tire. Zeller's. Sobey's. Another Dollar Store. Beer Store.

Invited to Carlson's for dinner and to watch last week's episode of Amazing Race which Doug taped for us while we were at Grand Beach. Thanks, Doug. After Madeleine's and Amelia's argument about whose hiking stick was whose was resolved, I "hiked" with the nieces down their street to the corner. We "backwards hiked" all the way back to their house. It takes a long time for a 3 year old to walk backwards for a city block.

Tuesday ; Picked up the truck this morning from Dawson Servicentre. It had passed the safety inspection. Went to Village Insurance and resumed the discussion about me buying the truck from my own company vs. me leasing it, etc.. Did what had to be done, and got the truck registered and insured.

Andrea's boyfriend George paid me for the van. Thank you, George, and good luck with the van. I hope it serves him well. I remember how exciting it was to be his age, and buying a vehicle for the first time.

The afternoon was spent doing a bunch of desk work, preparing letters on the computer, printing them, faxing them, etc..

I manned the barbecue for supper, while Joanne helped mow the Danelak's lawn. After supper I did some refurbishment work on the Danelak's barbecue. I'm either going to refurbish it, or replace it. It's seen better days. Haven't we all ?

Finally ... 9:00 P.M. ... Amazing Race. Goodbye, Mirna and Charla. < sniffle >

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment