Thursday, August 26, 2004

August 25, 2004

August 25, 2004

DAY 69

 

 

A day of maintenance.

Fixed the leak ( I hope ! ) where the TV antenna cable passes through the roof of the trailer. Removed the range hood to remove the hood fan motor which has burned out. This job sounds a lot easier than it was ! The trailer systems monitor panel is in the range hood, and there's a lot of electrical and electronic connections under there, complicating the removal of the hood fan motor. Plus ... the original assembly must have been done by somebody with hands the size of Amelia ( 3 years old ) with little Barbie doll wrenches or something. Discovered a short circuit in the 12V fuse panel, at the furnace fuse. The plastic housing of the fuse was all melted from arcing, but the fuse had not blown ! Shades of Swissair Flight 111 ! I disassembled the fuse panel with the intent of removing the furnace fuse connector and replacing it, but discovered that the fuse connectors are all embedded in a sealed panel. I cleaned out, and repaired the connector as best as I could. I seem to have eliminated the arcing problem, but I'll have to keep a close eye on it. I sawed, patched, and sanded the hiking stick George brought me from Rushing River Provincial Park. I drove to Lorette's dump to dispose of some bags of garbage and recycling, but it closes at 6:00 P.M. on Wednesdays. Drained and deodorized the kitchen grey water tank. Went into the house, connected the laptop and printer, and printed some documents I will need on Friday. Filled out an application form for a U.S. dollar MasterCard. Unsure how to fill out some of the fields. Employment ? ? ? I'm unemployed ? I'm retired ? I'm self-employed ? How long at current address ? I don't know ! Since I unhooked the trailer from the truck ? Monthly income ? Zero ? As much as I want to withdraw ? Depends on whether the stock market is up or down ?

8 days to departure for Goshen !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment