Saturday, August 21, 2004

August 20, 2004

August 20, 2004

DAY 64

 

 

I spent the morning on the computer, preparing correspondence to the Ontario Ministry Of Transportation, and my Ottawa insurance broker, regarding the cancellations of our Ontario license plates, vehicle registrations and insurances. It took much longer than I had expected. There were many interruptions from Lilly Kitty, with requests to play. I obliged her.

While I was taking a short break, to give Joanne access to the computer, I read the front page of yesterday's newspaper. The lead story was about the light snowfall in Winnipeg 2 days ago, on August 18 ! ! ! Welcome home ! At least it wasn't freezing rain. I've had quite enough of freezing rain in Ottawa, thank you.

Sat in the gazebo for a short time with Sharon & Bud when they returned from moving Bud's mother from the Misericordia Hospital to Fred Douglas Lodge. After a very long wait, a space finally became available for her a couple of days ago. Today was moving day. A very stressful event for all concerned.

I worked some more on refurbishing their barbecue, then had Bud show me where the Lorette garbage dump is located. As we drove there, he was dismayed to see the damage to the soy bean crops from last night's frost.

After supper, I accepted Bud's invitation to watch his DVD of the B. B. King Live By Request concert in New York City. Bud and I are both huge fans of the blues.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment