Monday, August 30, 2004

August 28

August 28, 2004

DAY 72

 

 

This morning I installed 2 thermometers. One to measure outside temperature, mounted on the outside of the dinette window, the other to measure inside temperature, mounted on the valance around the same window. The King of Velcro strikes again ! The balance of the morning was taken up with the installation of the range hood fan motor, and the re-installation of the systems monitor panel and range hood.

Joanne left to join her sister for a girls lunch out, followed by shopping. I joined Bud for a trip to the Western Canada Aviation Museum. Sharon, Bud, and I drove to the museum, and while Bud toured me around the place, Sharon went shopping. Seems to be a common theme developing here around women and shopping. It was great to tour the aviation museum with another aviation enthusiast. Bud is a pilot, like me. It was when Bud obtained his pilot's license some 20 or so years ago that I was inspired to stop dreaming about becoming a pilot, and do it ! For today, and for 20 years ago, thank you Bud. It was a pleasant surprise to see Bud's name engraved on the Western Canada Aviation Museum's wall plaque recognizing their founding donors.

On the way home, I had Sharon and Bud swing by the Carlson's to see if Dee-Dee ( our truck ) was still parked out front. It was, so I had them drop me off so I could join Joanne, and drive back with her. I visited for a short time, then we drove back to Lorette to feed the cats before we set off for dinner.

We were invited to dinner by Shirley and Darcy Johnson. We joined them, and their children Sheryl and Erik at The Olive Garden. We always enjoyed eating at the Olive Garden that used to be located across the street from our Pet Valu store on Montreal Road in Ottawa, but it closed quite a few years ago. We had a great visit, talking with them all evening about Sheryl's summer job in the Muskokas, her school trip all over Europe, full time RV'ing, and travel in general. Thank you Shirley and Darcy. And Sheryl and Erik. We had a great evening. I particularly enjoyed Erik’s wit, which seems quite remarkable for a 10 year old. “Well, I think I’d better go empty my black water holding tank now.” “I wonder why my milkshake is taking so long ( he says to the hapless waiter ) ... are they grinding the strawberries by hand ?” HA HA HA HA HA HA ! I love sarcasm. Especially from a 10 year old.

At midnight we went to the house to watch Olympics with Bud and Sharon. We expected that TV coverage of Bud’s Tae Kwon Do friend’s competition would begin at midnight. Wrong ! It's scheduled for tomorrow morning at 11:00 A.M.. They stayed up way beyond their normal bed time for nothing.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment