Tuesday, August 24, 2004

August 22, 2004

August 22, 2004

DAY 66

 

 

This morning I finished refurbishing / rebuilding the Danelak's barbecue. I've always thought it is better to rebuild a large gas barbecue than replace it. Only the "insides" need replacing. The "outsides" last forever. One of the things I did was to replace the thin "stainless steel" burner with a cast iron burner. It's now literally better than new. Should be good for another ten years.

This afternoon we went with Sharon and Bud to see a movie at Cinema City 8. Andrea wanted us to see where she works. Today she was working the box office. We bought our movie tickets from her, and saw Stepford Wives. After the movie, and Andrea's shift was over, we all went for dinner to a restaurant called Muddy Waters at The Forks. The Forks is where the Assiniboine River meets the Red River. When we left Winnipeg 16 1/2 years ago, "the forks" of the Red and Assiniboine was a horrible industrial slum area. Now it's been redeveloped into a trendy tourist area. Muddy Waters is a double entendre. It refers to the waters of the 2 rivers, not the old blues artist.

On the way home, I stopped to refill one of the trailer's propane tanks. After 2 months of use, the first propane tank was empty. I had to go to 2 service stations to get a refill. The first station had propane, but the very young "attendant" was completely clueless about how to refill a propane tank. After watching him stumble through a trial and error process for awhile, I decided to go elsewhere rather than risk him blowing himself and me to Kingdom Come.

When we got back home, I fulfilled my obligation / repaid my debt to Joanne, as promised, by playing half an hour of Humzinger. Gawd I hate that game ! The only consolation was that Bud turned out to be worse at this game than me.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment