Sunday, August 15, 2004

July 7

July 7, 2004

DAY 20

 

 

What is it about Ottawa's weather ? For 16 days we were away from Ottawa, and every day was sunny. We've been back in Ottawa for 3 days, and it's cloudy and grey sky most of the time. It's no wonder I'm depressed here !

Spent much of today at Roger Gran-Ruaz's office, my investment broker, planning with him how to invest the proceeds of the house sale. Ran some errands, including buying the extremely heavy concrete septic tank access hatch broken by the septic tank cleaner yesterday. Bought some trailer repair parts at Ottawa Camping Trailer, near Boucher Precast Concrete where I bought the septic tank cover, way down Bank Street / Hwy. 31 south of the city.

Spent the evening working on the fiscal year end management bonuses and remittances, followed by installing the new Wi-Fi wireless network access card I bought, to enable me to connect to the Internet at Wi-Fi "hotspots". I feel hopeless and helpless when it comes to dealing with computer technical stuff. I have no way of knowing if this card works, or doesn't work, or if the installation went correctly, etc.. What I do know is that since I installed this card a short time ago, my AOL software keeps trying to "dial-up" AOL, at random. < SIGH > Another problem, for another day, I guess.

Good night !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment